Music : DIY Norwich
FAC + CMU present MUSIC:DIY at Norwich Sound + Vision 2017 A day of talks and interviews on how to build a business around your music.
9am – 4pm
• Any artist who wants to make a living out of their music needs to think like a small business. Which means, once you have some songs written and tracks recorded, it’s time to start getting the business side sorted.
• Music:DIY will explain how you can make money out for your music – both straight away and in the future – and what you should be doing now to ensure your artist business can realise its potential.
• To succeed as an artist you need to build and engage a fanbase, and that process begins the very first time you get on stage to perform. We’ll talk you through what you should be doing now to start recruiting and connecting with future fans.
• Truly unlocking your business potential will ultimately require working with a number of music companies. So we’ll also tell you what companies are out there, what they all do, what they want in return, and when you might want to engage their services.
• Music:DIY combines both talks and interviews, with music industry experts sharing their knowledge and expertise on how new artists can get their businesses started, and loads of practical tips and advice along the way.
• Music:DIY is the essential guide for all aspiring artists, songwriters and record producers, and anyone interested in working in the new music business. Across the day we’ll show you that ‘DIY’ is less about ‘do it yourself’ and more about ‘do it your-way’.